This charm allows administering of MySQL with a web interface.
The phpMyAdmin charm can handle 1 to n MySQL services deployed via Juju. The
following is what will be needed to get started with just one relation this
assumes you've downloaded the MySQL charm as well as this charm.
Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/embed/SXsiffMI5Uc?hd=1
juju deploy mysql juju deploy phpmyadmin juju add-relation phpmyadmin mysql
Replace the default password with your actually password
juju set phpmyadmin password="password" juju expose phpmyadmin
You can then access phpmyadmin via the web url, remember to substitute in the
actual IP according to your cloud provider, and don't forget the /myphpadmin at
The default user is juju-admin; however, that can be changed (or new users
added), by passing a value for add-user:
juju set phpmyadmin add-user="jorge" juju set phpmyadmin del-user="jorge"
This charm comes with the ability to switch between upstream or what comes in
the Ubuntu Archive Repositories. By default the version from the Repos will be
installed. At anytime you can set use-upstream to be true
juju set phpmyadmin use-upstream=true
At anytime you can switch back by setting this to false.
juju set phpmyadmin use-upstream=false
During the switches your configuration files will remain intact.
- (string) Blowfish encryption phrase
- (string) This switch will either use the latest stable from phpMyAdmin upstream project site or the Ubuntu package from the repository
- (string) HTTP-Auth username, if no password is supplied the account is not created.
- (string) Remove an HTTP Auth user
- (string) The name of the control database to use, if it does not exist it will be created
- (string) HTTP AUTH password